Occupational therapists support children to overcome motor development and sensory issues.
Our therapists all have extensive experience and skills in the Key Worker / Transdisciplinary model.
We create a team around your child to help manage the following difficulties:
- investigating what makes your child interact in the environment
- over reactive or under reactive
- sensitive to sound, light, touch, movement
- remedies to support your child to function somewhere in the middle of over and under reactive.
- balance, active skills, use of hands and fingers (drawing and manipulating small objects)
- measuring, advising, sourcing and guidance for use
- specialised equipment for feeding, sitting, moving
- discussion of possibilities and ways to adapt available equipment and resources
- developing skills to support independence
– managing belongings
How can I access Occupational Therapy for my child?
- New families can access Occupational Therapy as part of your NDIS package.
- Enrolled families can continue to access services through their Helping Children with Autism, Better Start and Medicare HICAPS support.
- Families without NDIS funding – check with your local Early Intervention team to see if they offer the option to pay for private therapy services. Contact your local office.
How can I access services?
Early Connections Alliance Occupational Therapists have extensive experience working with children with disabilities and developmental delays.
You will find one of our friendly and supportive occupational therapists at all Mid North Coast locations including:
- Speech therapy Manning & Great Lakes (Taree and Tuncurry)
- Speech therapy Port Macquarie / Hastings (Wauchope and Lake Cathie)
- Speech therapy Kempsey
- Speech therapy Nambucca Valley
- Speech therapy Coffs Harbour and Coffs Coast
Our team have training in:
- Circle of Security Parenting© A relationship based parenting program
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding
- DIR Floortime®
- Occupational Therapy Assessment and Intervention for Children with Autism
We look forward to helping your child with education, therapy and support.