Connecting you to the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) gives you more flexibility to choose services based on your child’s individual needs, goals and aspirations.
Early Connections is a registered NDIS provider.
Find out how you can access the NDIS for your child.
Step One - Are you eligible for NDIS?
- Unsure if you are eligible? Speak to Early Connections on 02 6583 8238 or visit the NDIS access checklist
- Children/families receiving disability services prior to 1 July 2017 will be prioritised for transfer to the NDIS and do not need to independently apply to the NDIS.
- The NDIA (7+ years) or an NDIS ECEI Transition Provider (0-7 years) will contact you to assist with the transition.
Step Three – If eligible to receive an NDIS plan
- Children ages 0-7 : You will be contacted by an NDIS ECEI Transition Provider to take part in a planning meeting and create a plan. Your NDIS plan is submitted to the NDIA for approval.
- Children ages 7+ : You will be contacted by the NDIA to take part in a planning meeting and create a plan, which is then submitted for approval.
- When your NDIS plan is approved, you will receive a funding package and can seek services relevant to the goals and budgets within the plan.
You have an NDIS Plan - what next?
You have the option to choose a local service provider to suit your needs. See a full list of Early Childhood Intervention providers in your area.
Early Connections is happy to discuss the services we can offer you.
How we work: We build a team around your child to make sure your family receives Excellence in Early Childhood Intervention. With 30 years experience connecting families to the best supports on the Mid North Coast you’re in the right place. Our team of experienced professionals work with you to give your family the support you need early to maximise your child’s potential.
We work in a number of ways following ECI Best Practice Guidelines to best suit your child’s needs. We offer individualised sessions for you and your child to help your child learn, grow and thrive.
Children 0 -7 years
A Key Worker, your primary point of contact connects your child to the right professionals in our team. Your Key Worker will guide you to choose the therapies depending on your child’s needs.
Children age 7+
Choose from the therapies we offer including Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy and Psychology.
Where will your child receive therapy
Early childhood interventions services can be provided in the location that best suits your child and families needs. Options include:
- Your home
- Your child’s Early Childhood Centre or School with their agreement
- The Early Connections Alliance Locations listed on our contact us page
- Community locations that suit your family like the local park
When can your child have an appointment
The Early Connections team works 8.30am -5.00pm during school terms and school holidays. You can choose the frequency of your visits and depending on staff capacity will aim to meet your requests.