Reducing the risk
In response to the current COVID-19 situation and as per NDIS recommendations, we are endeavouring to provide services and supports to participants while reducing the risk of exposure to COVID-19 to participants and staff.
In order to minimise the chance of staff and clients getting sick, the following is being enforced:
- – All families must cancel any appointments if their child is showing any signs of cold/flu symptoms. These cancellations should be made in advance via phone call/SMS to minimise the presence of sick people in our offices.
- – Staff will not attend work if they have been in contact with someone that is being tested for COVID-19 & is awaiting the results.
- – Staff have the right to cancel appointments if a child is presenting with cold/flu symptoms in a session.
- – All staff have been advised to follow the advice from NSW Health Dept and we ask that all our families also follow this advice:
Protecting against COVID-19
How can I protect myself / my family?
The best way to protect yourself is the same as you would against any respiratory infection. Practice good hygiene by:
- – making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- – cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
- – avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- – make sure you stay home if you are sick.
- Department of Health
- Department of Education
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- NDIS Coronavirus Information
- Source Kids NDIS information
- The Growing Space – Easy English PDF
- Coronavirus Social Story from the Autism Educator
We have made signs for each of our offices that advise clients to please use sanitiser on entry to each office and not to enter if they have flu symptoms, but call your local office for cancellations.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will advise families of any further information.